New York State owns or controls recreation opportunities on approximately 80% of the land area in the Town of Piercefield. Pull down the sub-pages for the activities that interest you.
DEC Adirondack Outdoor Recreation Bulletin
September 19, 2019
Notices below reflect recent changes in conditions and recreation infrastructure work completed by DEC and its partners. Check the Adirondack Backcountry Information web pages for ongoing issues and more detailed information.
- Horseshoe Lake Wild Forest: A major dam rehabilitation project is currently being planned for the Lows Lower Dam (aka Bog River Dam) – the paddlers access site for Hitchens Pond and Lows Lake. The project will likely begin in Spring of 2020. Possible impacts to public access include:
- Temporary road and access closures
- Traffic controls including flag persons, construction fence, etc.
- Shared road/parking areas with construction vehicles
- Different parking, drop-off, and launching schemes
- Increased informational signage
- More details will be provided as they become available.